I cannot live without Roger Et Gallet’s Green Tea.
And yet I cannot recommend it to you.
THE NEGATIVES ;
- A rasping, chemical, typical quality, redolent of men’s sport scents like Chrome by Azzaro ( which I like and used to wear).
- A possibly headache inducing quality.
- I can’t detect the alleged grapefruit, yuzu and mandarin.
- it is not especially elegant.
- I love it.
- The green tea note durates beautifully on freshly laundered shirts.
- When the weather suddenly soars and enters hot summer, as it has these last two days, I NEED this for work, for odorous confidence ( Japanese people seem to like it on me even if Duncan doesn’t ).
It has a lovely, floral, classically ‘green tea’ drydown that subtly hangs about my person, dissolving some fat, which is why you could find me today, rushing panickedly from Yokohama Lumine department store, where there used to be a Roger & Gallet concession, to the Sogo department store, where they moved)
- It is kind of cheap.
( Sunday night )